Sunday 26 June 2016

Just the manes to finish.

Well, I have been away a lot again, but when I have been at home I have worked hard to finish this piece.

As ever the finishing bits take ages and are hard on the fingers. Embellishing the shields was hard - there are lots of layers of leather, padding and silk. The manes are just roughly finished at the moment. I have used turkey stitch - again through leather etc - and will eventually trim the threads so that the manes are actually fre flowing. The horsemans' spears are made out of Bonsai wire - always useful stuff to have around. Oh yes, the door handles are smooth purl.



I am going to put this away for a few days, at present all I can see is the faults. Then it needs mounting before I hand it in for assessment.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great in the picture and I'm sure it looks even better in real life! x

    ReplyDelete