Thursday 7 July 2016

From coffee table to applique

Finding a good image is, for me, the hardest thing. I mull it over for months and change my mind dozens of times. Agony!

Anyway, my applique image was simple. Several years ago I walked the Camino de Santiago (the French route) with a friend. At the end of the walk we decided to have a few days of luxury before heading home and so stayed in the parador in Santiago - in the main square by the cathedral. Yes, it was luxurious. More importantly, the parador is effectively a museum - filled with paintings, antique furniture and glorious stuff. Outside our (very luxurious) room was a coffee table which was made out of stained glass. I took a photograph of the glass surface - and that, basically , was it. My image. OK, I've fiddled with it a bit but not much.

So ...................... looking everywhere for images is worthwhile. The worst thing is when you have to find something by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment