Sunday 7 February 2016

Taking shape at last

Another week and loads more detail. The detailing doesn't notice particularly, but it makes things look just a little sharper and more finished.



I have changed the small colonnade. Originally this was tiny strips of silk, but silk so fine just disintegrated as I stitched, so I have couched some beautiful silk thread down instead. I'm really pleased with how it turned out - it has a lovely sheen.
The top canopy is just roughly pinned in place at present. I have quilted the design and prepped the piece to go on, but I haven't decided yet if it needs more padding underneath. In the image that I am working from perspective is pretty well non-existent (which has forced me to make some arbitrary decisions about what is on top of what) but I want to make that silk canopy look at least a little like a dome.
Anyway, it is almost time to turn my attention to the two horses and riders.

No comments:

Post a Comment