Monday 19 January 2015

Cornered!

I have been very lazy about posting here, blame it on post-christmas blues or something. But the stitching is coming on slowly. The background is almost three quarters complete, as you can see I have just randomly repeated rows of the same stitches to give a lacy, open effect. I have mainly used 3 sided stitch, 4 sided stitch, honeycomb stitch in 2 different variations, stem stitch, spaced satin stitch and chained border.




I have drawn the border threads and used double crossing clusters for two borders  and knotted coral clusters for the other two. The bars are corded and then the first corner woven. Preparing the corners took some time but I quite like the finished corner - only 3 more to do!
Oh yes, I used coton a broder for the borders and corners, it seemed to give more substance to them and looked less mean.



I have a bit of a love-hate thing going with this piece, but I seem to with most pieces at this stage so - Get Over It!

No comments:

Post a Comment